This trip is to the beautiful Peak District over the weekend of 9th – 11th July.
The hill walking weekends are friendly and social, and run by experienced and qualified Scouters, including members of the GLMW Duke of Edinburgh (DoE) scheme team.
New to hillwalking or looking to gain a permit, this weekend is designed to cater for all comers.
Is this for me?
Absolutely! All you need is a basic level of fitness and hiking boots.
This trip is ideal for those who may want a skills refresher, to learn something new, are a seasoned pro, or just want to experience a nice weekend with good company in the British hills.
For those who are keen to gain or practice map, compass and other skills. We offer training from basic to advanced, to enable you to gain the skills required for the UK hills, used more locally to your Scout hut, and towards gaining a hillwalking permit. The weekend can also be used for testing your current skills, enabling you to build an experience of quality mountain days for your logbook.
Attendees from new leaders, young leaders (18+), the more experienced or committee members are all very welcome!
Key details are as follows:
- Date: 9th – 11th July 2021
- Location: Edale, Peak District
- Cost: £20:00 – Payment details will be sent to you once booked.
- Open to Adults (18 and over):
- Involved in any Scouting role in GLMW (outside of GLMW, contact us)
- That are members Scout Network
- Transport: Car sharing is the common option, helps to reduce the overall cost and environmental impact. We liaise with people who have signed up to organise this.
But should you wish to arrange another mode of transport for yourself, that is fine too!
- Accommodation: Camping
- Food: Self-catering / local evening meal on Sat (support available where required)
- OS Map: OS Explorer OL1 (https://dash4it.co.uk/catalog/product/view/id/24786/)
What do I need to bring?
- Details will be provided once you have booked your place.
How do I book a place?
Scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- Click ‘Book now’.
- Check the details then scroll down and click ‘Proceed to checkout’.
- Complete the information form.
- Click the ‘Place order’ button – you will receive a confirmation email to the address input on the form.
Once booked, further details including payment details and a kit list will be emailed to you once your booking has been processed by the team.
Have a question?
Contact us using the form below. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
Edale, Peak District
Book your place online...
There are currently 10 places remaining.