International trips have some additional complexities that you may need to plan for.
Here are some things to consider :
– does everyone have a valid passport and visa?
– where is the best place for everyone to get foreign currency? When?
– finance and budgets; what if the exchange rate changes unfavourably?
– how much will the additional insurance cost you?
– travel; what if a participant doesn’t arrive on time?
– travel; what if a participant loses their passport?
– international help; which nationalities are travelling and what embassies might you need to contact?
– what if a young person / adult gets lost or separated from the Group?
– communications; will you be able to use your mobile phones in the country you are travelling to (network connectivity and charges)?
– what if someone has to be repatriated? Do you have sufficient leaders to manage the incident and repatriation?
– what if someone needs medical help?
– do you need any extra kit items such as adapters?
– will the weather / temperature be very different at your destination? Do you need extra clothes, water bottles etc.?
– do you need any vaccinations?
– what do you / participants need to have while travelling?
– does any additional paperwork need to be carried e.g. copies of visas and passports?
– how many first aid kits do you need to take / carry with you?
– how will you move equipment such (e.g. tents, kitbags) to the location?
– do any of the participants have anxieties about travelling by plane / boat?
– are there any variations in law that are relevant to your trip?
– if you are being hosted abroad, will you need to take local gifts with you?