Greater London Middlesex West County Scout Council (“GLMW”) collects data from our members and others to allow us to carry out our charitable purposes and activities that support those purposes (such as fundraising).
You provide this data directly through your membership of Scouting, or an organisation using our facilities and services.
We process data using three legal reasons and permissions (“legal basis”); with your consent, legitimate interest or as a necessity to enter into and perform contracts; for the purposes described below.
When you are asked to provide personal data you can decline but in many circumstances to make use of our services or to be a member of the Association requires you to provide personal data. If you choose not to provide data we may have to suspend or cancel any membership or contract that requires it. We will notify you if this is the case at the time.
The data we collect can include the following:
Name and contact data. Your first and surname, email address, postal address, phone number and other similar contact data.
Credentials. Passwords, password hints and similar security information used for authentication and account access to any online services that we might offer.
Demographic data. Data about you such as your age, gender and ethnicity.
Medical data. Data about any dietary requirements or medical conditions that we need to hold for the effective and safe delivery of our services to you.
Payment data. Data to process payments, such as your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number) and the security code associated with your payment instrument.
When we process personal data about you, we do so with your consent and/or as necessary to provide the services you use, operate our charity, meet our contractual and legal obligations, protect the security of our systems and our customers and members, or fulfil other legitimate interests of GLMW as described this section. We do not transfer personal data outside the European Economic Area.
More on the purposes of processing:
- Provide our services. If you are a member (or applying to be a member) of Scouting and/or GLMW we use your data to provide our services to you and to other members of GLMW. This includes the maintenance of membership records, delivering and recording training, developing Scouting in West London and delivering the Scout programme to members.
- Operate our campsite. If you are using our campsite or other facilities we may use your data to deliver our services to you including contacting you about any events that we are holding, managing your booking with us or participation in an event and checking permits for activities which require them.
- Safety. We process data to ensure that we are protecting young people and adults that use our services.
- Legal Compliance. We process data to comply with the law and our legal obligations in exercising our duty of care to our members and the young people that use our services and facilities.
- Fundraising. We use your data to help us make applications to third parties for funding in line with our charitable purposes. We do not transfer your personal data to third parties.
Reasons We Share Personal Data
We may share your personal data with other charities that make up the Scout Association. This includes the UK headquarters known as The Scout Association based at Gilwell Park, Enfield; Districts and Groups.
If you are using our facilities and services as part of another youth organisation and you have provided your information to us directly (rather than via your organisation) we may share it with your organisation for the purposes of validating your membership or to protect the safety of our members and others who may use our facilities.
We do not share your data with any other third parties for marketing or other purposes unless we are required to do so by law.
How to Access and Control Your Personal Data
You can contact us to access your personal data, make any corrections or adjustments by emailing us at GDPR@glmwscouts.org.uk.