This two day course forms part 1 of the Managers and Supporters Training skills courses, Skills of Management.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Describe their preferred leadership style and explain how this impacts on how they work with others.
- Demonstrate how to adapt their leadership style as appropriate to different situations in Scouting.
- Apply effective and appropriate communication techniques to meet the needs of the intended audience.
- Use active listening techniques and provide constructive feedback.
- Carry out effective reviews with team members.
- Apply basic coaching techniques and work with others to identify and develop their potential in Scouting.
- Motivate individuals within a team.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in their team and how to build upon these.
- Facilitate team development.
- Plan and run effective meetings.
- Facilitate constructive communication and discussion.
- Plan and manage effective inductions.
- Apply effective learning and relationship building.
- Identify steps to implement their personal action plan.
Willow Tree Guide Centre (Harefield)
Book your course online...
There are currently 22 places remaining.