This two day course forms part 1 of the Managers and Supporters Training skills courses, Skills of Management.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Describe their preferred leadership style and explain how this impacts on how they work with others.
- Demonstrate how to adapt their leadership style as appropriate to different situations in Scouting.
- Apply effective and appropriate communication techniques to meet the needs of the intended audience.
- Use active listening techniques and provide constructive feedback.
- Carry out effective reviews with team members.
- Apply basic coaching techniques and work with others to identify and develop their potential in Scouting.
- Motivate individuals within a team.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in their team and how to build upon these.
- Facilitate team development.
- Plan and run effective meetings.
- Facilitate constructive communication and discussion.
- Plan and manage effective inductions.
- Apply effective learning and relationship building.
- Identify steps to implement their personal action plan.
PACCAR Scout Camp Site (Chalfont St. Peter)
Book your course online...
Unfortunately there are no places remaining on this course. Please keep checking back as we may get cancellations.